Sports Premium spending
The Government provides additional funding for physical education (PE) and sport in schools. This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision resulting in increased numbers of pupils developing healthy life styles, raising their performance levels and engaging in PE and sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
Please download our Sports Funding reports to see the expenditure and impact.