The Early Years Foundation Stage at Eastcombe Primary School is an exciting, purposeful environment in which our youngest children learn and play. We hope that your child settles well and loves their start to school life. We promise to care and nurture your children. We feel it is important to view EYFS as preparation for life and not simply preparation for the next stage in education. Every child is valued as an individual and our teaching and learning reflects the fact that each child’s development is personal to them.
We aim to:
- Foster positive attitudes to learning, developing confidence, curiosity and independence.
- Promote our school values of Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Kindness and Collaboration.
- Promote an inclusive ethos and approach to learning for all of our children to ensure that none are excluded or disadvantaged.
- Provide children with a rich, broad and deep curriculum which fosters a love for learning and is both challenging and progressive within a stimulating and fun environment.
- Develop children’s knowledge, understanding and skills in all areas of development through first hand experiences.
- Provide opportunities for children to make choices and become independent in their learning in a variety of safe environments both indoors and outdoors.
- Establish and maintain a close partnership with parents/carers, families and pre-school providers in our community.
- Use a variety of formal and informal assessment procedures to monitor progress, inform future planning and build on children’s prior learning and interests.
Our setting provides:
- A safe challenging, stimulating, and caring environment which is sensitive to the needs of every child.
- Small cohort sizes with a good ratio of adults to children, providing a personalised ‘family feel’ to our classroom.
- Staff who respond enthusiastically to spontaneous events or interests and see these as offering some of the most powerful learning opportunities.
- Staff who have the ability to be playful and make learning fun by planning exciting and relevant activities both indoors and outdoors.
- A supportive, nurturing environment.
- Manageable, well organised systems of observation, assessment and record keeping.
- A working partnership with parents, valuing their input.
There are further details about squirrel class on this website – take a look at the exciting opportunities we offer.
We have places available in our current Reception year group and are offering Open days for prospective parents.